Saturday, August 20, 2011

Run Like A Mother

So I received a bunch of books for my birthday from my mother-in-law (shes a doll) and one of them was a book called Run Like A Mother : How To Get Moving -Without Losing Your Family, Job, or Sanity and I haven't been able to put it down! Its a really great book, goes from the angle of what its like to be a runner and a mom who works or stays at home. I really appreciate the practical advice, along with the humor! It has had me laughing out loud more than once. It also is super inspiring, talking about how running has its highs and lows, and you don't always move upwards or even just cruise. Life can get in the way, but you can still run again even after a hiatus (read: pregnancy and childbirth) which I really needed to hear. So like I said, I'm still reading it, but I'm sure I'll be done soon enough.

Next after I'm done with RLAM is Sole Sisters: Stories of Women and Running and I will let you all know (hah, like all 5 of you who read my blog, or is that too generous a number?) how it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment