Monday, February 27, 2012

I ran the farthest I have ever run in my LIFE yesterday. I went 10.26 miles. I meant to do 10 but went a littler farther than I realized. Whoops. It wasn't that much more but I still felt kinda like a BA mother runner. Unfortunately I had rolled my ankle a little when I was chasing B, so at mile 9.75 or so my ankle was KILLING me. When I got home I did Rest Ice Compression Elevation.

I went to Wal-Mart and bought myself an ankle brace to wear today and a squishy hot/cold pack. I am very glad I bought them, because my ankle feels as good as new, I might go out for a short run tomorrow.

I was so afraid I injured it, which is something I am super paranoid about with this upcoming half-mary and being a charity runner. I don't want to let anyone down, so I have to be really cautious. Anyway, lesson learned, don't do a long run on a rolled ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment