Saturday, January 7, 2012

If at first you don't succeed...

Yet another post after a months long absence, no wonder no one reads this blog.

As far as my running is concerned, I am still upping my weekly mileage and lengthening my long runs. I have worked up to a 10k (6.2 miles) so I'm happy about that. I really need to work on my speed though, I feel like I am going slower during my runs than I have in the past, possibly related to the increased mileage?  I guess I'll just keep at it and do more speed work.

For this new year, I haven't really set any goals as far as fitness is concerned, here are a few off the top of my head:

Add more strength training to my weekly workouts.


Run a half marathon in the fall.


If I get pregnant between now and 2013, keep running anyway.


Don't stop running. Period.


Those seem like some reasonable goals, hopefully I can complete them all (well the pregnancy one is out of my hands. lol)


On a different note, lately I have become a running gear junky. I don't have copious amounts of cash to spend on a nice running jacket, or a cute technical tee, but adding them to my Amazon wishlist makes it seem like I could actually have them someday. Right now though I need to focus on replacing my shoes, as they are nearing their expiration date(6 months), which makes me sad. :( I really like the idea of getting new shoes, don't get me wrong, but these shoes are the ones I bought when I started running for real. I'll be running in them past their expiration date though, since I haven't racked up that much mileage in them anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment